Amsterdam - Oosterpark & East of the Amstel (PDF Chapter)
This is the Oosterpark & East of the Amstel chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
Oost is gradually seeing the tendrils of gentrification winding through the neigbourhood, with cafes, boutiques, bread makers, restaurants and hip hotels sprouting up. However, this is still an area with lots of local life and vitality.
- browse the impressive and creatively displayed ethnographic collection of the Tropenmu-seum, plus its imaginative temporary exhibitions and children’s museum
- sniff out Turkish pide, kebabs and olives at food stalls amid multi-pack sock vendors at Dappermarkt
- relax with the locals at Oosterpark, and seek out the political monuments and wild para-keets and heron
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.