*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Amsterdam - Nieuwmarkt, Plantage & the Eastern Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nieuwmarkt, Plantage & the Eastern Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
Nieuwmarkt (New Market) is a district as historic as anything you’ll find in Amsterdam. Rembrandt painted canalscapes in Nieuwmarkt, and Jewish merchants generated a fair share of the city’s wealth with diamonds and other ventures here.
- viewing Rembrandt’s studio at the Museum het Rembrandthuis, where you can see his brushes, sketches and cabinet stuffed with seashells and Roman busts
- downing a Dommelsch beer in the old lock-keeper’s house at De Sluyswacht
- fathoming the history of Dutch seafaring through the extensive maritime collection at the Het Scheepvaartmuseum
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.