*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Amsterdam - Medieval Centre & Red Light District (PDF Chapter)
This is the Medieval Centre & Red Light District chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
Amsterdam’s heart beats in its medieval core and the centuries-old Red Light District. The area is laced with atmospheric lanes, and 17th-century tasting rooms, brown cafés and hidden courtyards are the prizes for those who venture off the main drags.
- wandering through the Red Light District, which will make your jaw drop, even if near-naked women beckoning from backlit windows is the oldest Amsterdam cliché
- ogling the chandeliered opulence and taking a Dutch history lesson in the Royal Palace
- pushing open the door to the Begijnhof and beholding the hidden gardens and churches
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.