*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Amsterdam - Jordaan & the West (PDF Chapter)
This is the Jordaan & the West chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
The Jordaan was once a rough, densely populated volksbuurt (district for the common people) until the mid-20th century. Today, this neighbourhood is a curiously enchanting mix of a gritty, hard-drinking, leftist character and a revitalised, trend-conscious sheen.
- losing yourself in the labyrinth of narrow streets and charming canals while walking through the Jordaan, before spending the evening in the neighbourhood’s atmospheric brown cafés (bars)
- learning about the fascinating history and production of the country’s favourite bloom at the Amsterdam Tulip Museum
- listening to rare jazz and classical tunes play on vintage pianolas at the Pianola Museum
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.