*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.Our warehouse is closed March 28-30th too, in case you were wondering.
Amsterdam - De Pijp (PDF Chapter)
This is the De Pijp chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
De Pijp’s village-like character is due in part to the fact that it’s an island, connected to the rest of the city by 16 bridges. With gentrification continuing apace, this arty, foodie neighbourhood retains a community-oriented bohemian spirit.
- feasting your senses on the international free-for-all of fresh produce, cheese, fish, colourful clothing, accessories and quirky Dutch souvenirs at the Albert Cuypmarkt, Europe’s largest daily street market
- bar hopping between exuberantly friendly neighbourhood watering holes, starting with borrel (drinks) at Boca’s
- strolling through Sarphatipark, an urban oasis of lawns, statues, ponds and fountains
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.