Amsterdam - Amsterdam Noord (PDF Chapter)
This is the Amsterdam Noord chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guide-book.
Today, the NDSM former shipbuilding yard has numerous cool waterside restaurants, striking modernist architecture, a hangar full of artists’ studios, the huge monthly IJ Hallen flea market and an ex-USSR submarine in the harbour.
- take in the view from A’DAM Tower, a skyscraper of fantastical fun, complete with daredevil swing over the edge, plus revolving restaurants, a hotel and nightclubs
- meander along the enchantingly pretty narrow dyke of wooden houses, surrounded by nodding flowers, greenery and birdsong, in Nieuwendammerdijk
- admire the angular, gleaming-white architecture of the IJ-side Eye, with its exhibitions on all things cinema and a great cafe with waterside terrace
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.