Amalfi Coast Road Trips - Sorrento & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sorrento & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amalfi Coast Road Trips guidebook.
Sorrento makes a good base for exploring the region’s highlights: to the south is the best of the peninsula’s unspoilt countryside, to the east is the Amalfi Coast, to the north lie Pompeii, and offshore is the fabled island of Capri.
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- make your own gelati at Sorrento’s Gelateria David
- glide silently up Capri’s craggy Monte Solaro on a chairlift
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sorrento, Massa Lubrense, Sant’Agata sui Due Golfi, Marina del Cantone, Vico Equense, Capri.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation