Amalfi Coast Road Trips - Salerno & the Cilento (PDF Chapter)
This is the Salerno & the Cilento chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amalfi Coast Road Trips guidebook.
Don’t miss the Cilento region, one of this area’s lesser-known glories, with a largely undeveloped coastal strip and a beautiful national park famed for its orchids.
- sample Salerno’s vibrant mix of medieval churches, tasty trattorias and good-spirited, bar-hopping locals
- explore the ancient temples of Paestum
- find your perfect beach on the Cilento Coast
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Salerno, Paestum, Agropoli, Cilento Coast, Palinuro.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation