*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Alaska - Understand Alaska & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history, culture and landscapes to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, travelling with kids and travellers with disabilities, as well as handy lan-guage guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Alaskan history
- info on people and cultural events
- full coverage of landscapes and wildlife
- details on Alaskan Natives
Coverage includes: Alaska Today, History – from Early Alaskans to Dis-aster at Valdez, The Alaskan Way of Life: Regional Identity, Lifestyle, Sports and Alaska in the Popular Imagination, Alaska Natives: The People, Arts & Crafts and Challenges, Alaskan Land-scapes: The Land, Vegetation Zones, Climate, National, State & Regional Parks and Environ-mental Issues, Alaskan Wildlife: Land Mammals, Fish & Marine Animals and Birds, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.