*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Alaska - The Bush (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Bush chapter from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guidebook.
In a state where wilderness is the norm, the Bush is like the frontier on the frontier. Towns and townly comforts are few, roads are fewer, and most of the region is accessible only by flying, floating or walking in.
- traveling up the famed Dalton Highway, aka the Haul Rd, to the edge of the world
- exploring the Nome highways for stunning Arctic scenery and endless hiking and camping opportunities
- watching the midnight sun in Barrow in June and staying for the Nalukataq Festival
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Western Alaska, Nome & Around, Arctic Alaska, Dal-ton Highway, Gates of the Arctic National Park & Preserve, Barrow.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.