Alaska - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to Alaska, Alaska’s Top 21, Need to Know, First Time Alaska What’s New, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, Outdoor Activities & Adventures, Cruising in Alaska, Travel with Children, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guidebook.
Your journey to Alaska starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on cruises and travel with children.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about outdoor activities and adventures
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to Alaska, Alaska’s Top 21, Need to Know, First Time Alaska What’s New, If You Like: Epic Trips, Bear-Watching, Glacier-Viewing, Hiking, Paddling, Alaska Native Culture, River Running, Whale-Watching, Fishing, Month by Month, Itineraries, Outdoor Activities & Adventures, Cruising in Alaska, Travel with Children, and Re-gions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation