Alaska - Kodiak, Katmai & Southwest Alaska (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Kodiak, Katmai & Southwest Alaska chapter from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guidebook.
Tapering out into the Bering Sea like a curled crocodile’s tail, it’s a jumble of treeless emerald hills, precipitous cliffs and conical snow-capped peaks heavy with reminders of an erstwhile Russian culture and a still surviving Aleut one.
- photograph brown bears as they snap salmon from Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park & Preserve
- hike to poignant WWII fortifications at Dutch Harbor
- ride an Alaska Marine Highway ferry amid breaching whales and smoking volcanoes in Mv Tustumena
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kodiak Island, Kodiak, Kodiak National Wildlife Ref-uge, Alaska Peninsula, King Salmon, Katmai National Park & Preserve, Aleutian Islands, Una-laska & Dutch Harbor.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.