*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Alaska - Kenai Peninsula (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kenai Peninsula chapter from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guidebook.
The Kenai Peninsula offers some of the most accessible wilderness adventures in Alaska. There are multiday hikes through the snow-capped mountains, paddles through glaciated fjords, camping on never-seen-before lost coves, and some of the biggest fish around.
- watching whales breach as you sit in a kayak in Kenai Fjords National Park
- rubbing shoulders with hundreds of other anglers outside Soldotna
- hiking from cabin to cabin past splendiferous mountain scenes on the Russian Lakes Trail
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Seward Highway, Turnagain Pass & Around, Hope, Moose Pass & Around, Seward, Kenai Fjords National Park, Sterling Highway, Tern Lake Junction to Cooper Landing, Cooper Landing & Around, Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, Soldotna, Kenai & Around, Homer, Seldovia, Kachemak Bay State Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.