Alaska - Kenai Peninsula (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kenai Peninsula chapter from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guidebook.
The Kenai Peninsula offers some of the most accessible wilderness adventures in Alaska. There are multiday hikes through the snow-capped Kenai Mountains and mind-blowing paddles through glaciated fjords, camping on never-seen-before lost coves.
- watch whales breach from your perch in a kayak in Kenai Fjords National Park
- hike from cabin to cabin among magnificent mountains n Russian Lakes Trail
- raft whitewater by day and then boogy to bluegrass by night in Hope
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Seward Highway, Hope, Seward, Kenai Fjords Na-tional Park, Sterling Highway, Cooper Landing, Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, Soldotna, City of Kenai, Ninilchik, Homer, Seldovia, Kachemak Bay State Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.