*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Alaska - Juneau & the Southeast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Juneau & the Southeast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guide-book.
While much of the state is a treeless expanse of land with a layer of permafrost, the Southern Panhandle is a slender, long rainforest that stretches 540 miles from Icy Bay south to Portland Canal.
- strapping on crampons and hiking across the icy blue world of Juneau’s Mendenhall Glaci-er
- ziplining down a mountain and spending the afternoon viewing bears at Herring Creek, Ketchikan
- searching for ancient petroglyphs at low tide on Wrangell’s Petroglyph Beach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southern Panhandle, Ketchikan & Around, Misty Fiords National Monument, Prince of Wales Island, Wrangell & Around, Petersburg, Northern Panhandle, Sitka, Juneau, Admiralty Island & Pack Creek, Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve, Haines, Skagway.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.