*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Alaska - Juneau & the Southeast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Juneau & the Southeast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guide-book.
While much of the state is a treeless expanse of land with a layer of permafrost, the Southern Panhandle is a slender, long rainforest that stretches 540 miles from Icy Bay south to Portland Canal.
- strapping on crampons and hiking across the icy blue world of Juneau’s Mendenhall Glaci-er
- ziplining down a mountain and spending the afternoon viewing bears at Herring Creek, Ketchikan
- searching for ancient petroglyphs at low tide on Wrangell’s Petroglyph Beach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southern Panhandle, Ketchikan & Around, Misty Fiords National Monument, Prince of Wales Island, Wrangell & Around, Petersburg, Northern Panhandle, Sitka, Juneau, Admiralty Island & Pack Creek, Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve, Haines, Skagway.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.