Alaska - Denali & the Interior (PDF Chapter)
This is the Denali & the Interior chapter from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guide-book.
The big name in this region is Denali National Park, blessed with the continent’s mightiest mountain, abundant megafauna and easy access. But there’s so much more, including a myriad of parks that will redefine your very notion of natural beauty.
- spot caribou near the country’s largest mountain in Denali National Park
- hike or bird-watch on the lonely, scenic Denali Highway
- enjoy a beer and a perfect summer day in artsy Talkeetna
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Denali National Park & Preserve, George Parks Highway, Talkeetna, Denali State Park, Cantwell & Broad Pass, Nenana, Denali Highway, Fair-banks Region, Fairbanks, Chena Hot Springs Road, Manley Hot Springs, The Alcan-Alaska Highway, Delta Junction, Tok, Taylor Highway, Chicken, Fortymile River, Eagle, Tok Cutoff, Glenn Highway, Richardson Highway, Paxson, Copper Center, Glennallen & Around, Valdez & Around, Wrangell–St Elias National Park, McCarthy Road, McCarthy, Kennecott.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.