*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Alaska - Anchorage & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Anchorage & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guide-book.
Anchorage isn’t simply a big city on the edge of the wilderness, but rather a big city in the wil-derness, and it manages to mingle hiking trails and traffic jams, small art galleries and Big Oil, like no other city.
- spending an afternoon at the Anchorage Museum, soaking up Alaskan culture and art
- pedaling the scenic Tony Knowles Coastal Trail, with views of the Alaska Range, on the way to Kincaid Park
- enjoying a fine, fresh meal while taking in the mountains on the deck of Jack Sprat in Gird-wood
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Anchorage & Around, Seward Highway, Girdwood & Around, Portage Glacier, Glenn Highway, Palmer.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.