*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Alaska - Anchorage & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Anchorage & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Alaska guide-book.
Anchorage isn’t simply a big city on the edge of the wilderness, but rather a big city in the wil-derness, and it manages to mingle hiking trails and traffic jams, small art galleries and Big Oil, like no other city.
- spending an afternoon at the Anchorage Museum, soaking up Alaskan culture and art
- pedaling the scenic Tony Knowles Coastal Trail, with views of the Alaska Range, on the way to Kincaid Park
- enjoying a fine, fresh meal while taking in the mountains on the deck of Jack Sprat in Gird-wood
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Anchorage & Around, Seward Highway, Girdwood & Around, Portage Glacier, Glenn Highway, Palmer.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.