Africa - Zimbabwe (PDF Chapter)
This is the Zimbabwe chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
While from afar Zimbabwe’s plight doesn’t paint a rosy picture, a journey here will take you through an attractive patchwork of landscapes, from highveld, balancing boulders and flaming msasa trees to laid-back towns, lush mountains and lifeblood rivers up north.
- take the country’s spiritual pulse at the atmospheric stone ruins of Great Zimbabwe
- walk through Mana Pools National Park, the only park in Africa that allows unguided safaris among big cats and elephants
- unwind in garden restaurants within converted colonial homes in Harare
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Harare, Northern Zimbabwe, Kariba Town, Matusadona National Park, Mana Pools National Park, Eastern Highlands, Mutare, Chimanimani, Chimanimani National Park, The Midlands, Southeastern Zimbabwe, Great Zimbabwe, Gonarezhou National Park, Western Zimbabwe, Bulawayo, Matobo National Park, Hwange National Park, Understand Zimbabwe and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.