Africa - Zambia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Zambia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
The rewards of travelling in Zambia are those of exploring remote, mesmerising wilderness as full of an astonishing diversity of wildlife as any part of Southern Africa. Zambia is a logistical challenge, but for those who venture here, the lack of crowds means an even more satisfying journey.
- follow the tracks of wild animals like a detective in South Luangwa National Park
- paddle a canoe down the mighty Zambezi River, past pods of hippos, menacing-looking crocs and thirsty elephants
- spot leopards in Kafue National Park, where wildlife dreams unfold amid stunning landscapes.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lusaka, Eastern Zambia, South Luangwa National Park, Southern Zambia, Lower Zambezi National Park, Siavonga, Western Zambia, Kafue National Park, Liuwa Plain National Park, Northern Zambia, Kasanka National Park, Shiwa Ng’andu, Kasama, Lake Tanganyika, Kalambo Falls, The Copperbelt, Ndola, Kitwe, Chingola, Chimfunshi Wildlife Orphanage, Understand Zambia and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.