Africa - Uganda (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uganda chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Emerging from the shadows of its history, a new dawn of tourism has risen in Uganda, polishing a glint back into the ‘pearl of Africa’. Travellers are streaming in to explore the best of everything the continent has to offer.
- trek through the jungle to marvel at critically endangered mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- take on the wild waters at the source of the Nile, some of the best white-water rafting in East Africa
- witness the world’s most powerful waterfall, Murchison Falls
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kampala, Around Kampala, Entebbe, Eastern Uganda, Jinja, Mbale, Mount Elgon National Park, Sipi Falls, Southwestern Uganda, Fort Portal, Crater Lakes, Kibale Forest National Park, Semuliki National Park, Toro-Semliki Wildlife Reserve, Kasese, Rwenzori National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Kabale, Lake Bunyonyi, Kisoro, Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, Ssese Islands, Northern Uganda, Murchison Falls National Park, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, Gulu, Kidepo Valley National Park, Understand Uganda and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience