Africa travel guide
Africa. There’s nowhere like it on the planet for wildlife, wild lands and rich traditions that endure. Prepare to fall in love. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Africa, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Africa is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander the cobbled streets and graceful pracas rimmed by once grand churches and stately colonial-era buildings, against a backdrop of turquoise seas, on the Unesco-listed Mozambique Island; drink your way around whitewashed Cape Dutch architecture and the endlessly photogenic hills and vines of South Africa’s Winelands; or discover the wildlife of the acacia-studded savannah of the Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Africa Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, culture, wildlife, safaris, cuisine, music, environment
- Over 220 maps
Coverage Includes: Egypt, Tanzania, Morocco, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Madagascar, Kenya, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cabo Verde and more