Africa - Togo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Togo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Togo’s great diversity of landscapes ranges from lakes and palm-fringed to rolling forested hills, lush and savannah. It’s an excellent playground for hikers – there’s no better way to experience the country’s savage beauty than on foot.
- soak up the the mellow vibes, jazz clubs and vibrant markets of the coastal capital, Lomé
- unwind in a hammock while sipping a sundowner on Coco Beach, a blissful stretch of sand
- relax on the shores of serene Lac Togo and take a spin on a pirogue, a traditional local canoe
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lomé, Lac Togo, Aného, Kpalimé, Atakpamé, Kara, Koutammakou, Dapaong, Sokodé, Understand Togo and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience