Africa - Swaziland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Swaziland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
The intriguing kingdom of Swaziland is diminutive but boasts a huge checklist for any visitor. Rewarding wildlife-watching, adrenaline-boosting activities and colourful local culture? Tick. Plus it still has that slow-down-this-is-Africa feeling, and that’s why it’s gaining in popularity.
- watch wildlife, including rare black rhinos, at Mkhaya Game Reserve
- walk or hike in enchanting Malolotja Nature Reserve
- shoot over whitewater rapids on a day-long adventure on the Great Usutu River (Lusutfu River)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mbabane, Central Swaziland, Ezulwini Valley, Lobamba, Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, Manzini, Malolotja Nature Reserve, Northeastern Swaziland, Hlane Royal National Park, Mlawula Nature Reserve, Mkhaya Game Reserve, Understand Swaziland and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.