Africa - South Sudan (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Sudan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
In July 2011 Africa’s largest country, Sudan, split into two and with that South Sudan was born. It’s one of the least developed nations on the planet, and until stability is established, even the most intrepid travellers will have to wait to visit.
- Boma National Park is a vast wilderness home to huge quantities of wildlife, including migrating herds of over a million antelope
- Nimule National Park is home to hippos, Ugandan kobs, elephants, buffaloes and beautiful scenery
- Bandingalo National Park is a paradise for giraffes, hippos and wild dogs, and also welcomes hundreds of thousands of migrating antelope
Coverage includes: Understand South Sudan.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.