*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Africa - South Africa (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Africa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
South Africa’s diversity stretches far beyond its blend of cultures. Here, you can sleep under the stars in a desert, hike to snowcapped peaks or join the bustle of large cities. Wildlife watching ranges from remote safaris to penguin encounters.
- tackle Table Mountain, paddle with penguins or just laze on Atlantic beaches near Cape Town
- join rangers on a safari of the most involving kind – on foot – in Kruger National Park
- hike past waterfalls and San rock art in uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cape Town, Winelands, Stellenbosch, Garden Route, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Garden Route National Park (Tsitsikamma Section), Sunshine Coast, Jeffrey’s Bay, Port Elizabeth, Hogsback, The Wild Coast, Port St Johns, KwaZulu-Natal (KZN), Durban, Zululand, Drakensberg & uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park, Free State, Bloemfontein, Gauteng, Johannesburg, Soweto, Pretoria, Mpumalanga, Nelspruit (Mbombela), Graskop, Kruger National Park, Northern Cape, Kimberley, Upington, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Understand South Africa and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.