Africa - Senegal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Senegal chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Though it’s one of West Africa’s most stable countries, Senegal is far from dull. Whether you want to mingle with the trendsetters of urban Africa or be alone with your thoughts and the sounds of nature, you’ll find your place in Senegal.
- weave your way via tiny villages to Senegal’s best beaches on Cap Skirring and kick back for a day of doing absolutely nothing
- wander the cobblestone streets past colourful French colonial buildings in the Unesco World Heritage Site of Saint-Louis
- spend sleepless nights touring the vibrant nightclubs and bars of the capital, Dakar
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dakar & around, Île de Gorée, Petite Côte & Siné-Saloum Delta, Mbour & Saly, Palmarin, Toubakouta & Missirah, Toubab Dialao, Northern Senegal, Saint-Louis, Parc National des Oiseaux du Djoudj, Tambacounda, Parc National de Niokolo-Koba, Casamance, Ziguinchor, Cap Skirring, Understand Senegal and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.