Africa - Sao Tome & Principe (PDF Chapter)
This is the São Tomé & Príncipe chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Two-island São Tomé & Príncipe (STP) has suffered an economic collapse since independence from Portugal in 1975, but remains amazingly safe and welcoming to visitors, particularly ecotourists.
- boat past Príncipe’s extraordinary volcanic skyline in baía das Agulhas, a spectacular trip back in time
- visit roças (plantations) like Roça Agua Izė for an eye-opening look at a national calamity
- eat thick slabs of deep-sea fish at restaurants such as Papa Figo in São Tomé
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: São Tomé (City), Ilhéu das Rolas, Príncipe, Santo António, Understand São Tomé & Príncipe and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.