Africa - Rwanda (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rwanda chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Today Rwanda is one of Africa’s most stable nations, coming together in the decades since the dark times to create a promising future. Tourism is a key contributor; a highlight is the chance to track mountain gorillas through bamboo forests.
- hike the forested slopes of the Virungas for a close encounter with mountain gorillas and golden monkeys
- hack through steamy rainforests in Nyungwe Forest National Park in search of colobus monkeys and chimpanzees
- confront the horrors of the genocide at the haunting Kigali Genocide Memorial
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kigali, Musanze (Ruhengeri), Volcanoes National Park, Huye (Butare), Nyungwe Forest National Park, Understand Rwanda and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.