Africa - Republic of Congo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Republic of Congo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
A land of steamy jungles hiding half the world’s lowland gorillas, masses of forest elephants, and hooting, swinging troops of chimpanzees, the Republic of Congo is on the cusp of becoming one of the finest ecotourism destinations in Africa.
- explore the superb Parc National d’Odzala virtually alone, with just lowland gorillas, chimpanzees and forest elephants for company
- visit Parc National Nouabalé-Ndoki, one of Africa’s last great wildernesses
- discover beaches, savannah and jungle in the impressively wild Parc National Conkouati-Douli
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Brazzaville, Pointe-Noire, Parc National d’Odzala, Ouesso, Parc National Nouabalé-Ndoki, Understand the Republic of Congo and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.