Africa - Nigeria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nigeria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Nigeria’s capital Lagos is resurgent: with burgeoning tech industries, posh restaurants and clubs, and an exploding arts scene, this megacity is the face of modern Africa. Outside are ancient Muslim cities and stunning natural environments.
- join the gold rush of the country’s super-confident boom city, Lagos, and explore its insatiably lively art and music scene
- climb the sacred rock of Abeokuta via historic hideouts and shrines, and look out on the picturesque rooftops from a high vantage point
- in Oshogbo, learn about traditional crafts, browse the impressive galleries and lose yourself on the river bank in the sacred grove
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lagos, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Oshogbo, Benin City, Calabar, Abuja, Understand Nigeria and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience