Africa - Namibia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Namibia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Namibia possesses some of the most stunning landscapes in Africa, and a trip through it is one of the great road adventures. Among all this is a German legacy, evident in the cuisine, the architecture and in Windhoek’s legendary Oktoberfest.
- crouch by a water hole in Etosha National Park, one of the world’s premier wildlife venues
- watch the sun rise from the top of Sossusvlei’s fiery coloured dunes
- hike through Fish River Canyon, one of Africa’s greatest natural wonders
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Windhoek, North-Central Namibia, Erongo Mountains (Erongoberg), Erindi Private Game Reserve, Okonjima Nature Reserve, Waterberg Plateau Park, Tsumeb, Etosha National Park, Northern Namibia, Rundu, Khaudum National Park, The Caprivi Strip, Northwestern Namibia, Damaraland, The Kaokoveld, The Skeleton Coast, Central Namibia, Swakopmund, Namib-Naukluft Park, Southern Namibia, Fish River Canyon, Lüderitz, Understand Namibia and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.