Africa - Mozambique (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mozambique chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Mozambique beckons with its coastline and swaying palms, its traditions, its cultures, its vibe and its opportunities for adventure. This enigmatic southeast African country is well off most travellers’ maps, but it has much to offer those who venture here.
- discover Mozambique Island’s time-warp atmosphere, cobbled streets and fascinating history
- get to know Mozambique’s waterside capital, Maputo, with its museums and lively sidewalk cafes
- explore the islands of the Quirimbas Archipelago, especially magical Ibo with its old fort and crumbling mansions
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Maputo, Southern Mozambique, Inhambane, Tofo, Vilankulo, Bazaruto Archipelago, Central Mozambique, Beira, Chimoio, Quelimane, Northern Mozambique, Nampula, Mozambique Island, Cuamba, Lake Niassa, Pemba, Quirimbas Archipelago, Understand Mozambique and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.