Africa - Mali (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mali chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Mali is blessed by an extraordinary amount of beauty, wonders, talents and knowledge. Yet for now, its landscapes, monuments and stories are off-limits, sealed from tourists by a conflict that is threatening the very culture of Mali.
- Dogon Country is a fairytale of rose-coloured villages, big blue skies, sacred crocodiles and sandstone cliffs
- the sounds of live music, sprawling markets and motorbikes purring along the banks of the Niger River in Bamako
Coverage includes: Understand Mali and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.