Africa - Malawi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Malawi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Apart from the legendary Malawian friendliness, what captures you first about this vivid country is its geographical diversity, from the shimmering clear water of Lake Malawi to the dramatic peaks of Mt Mulanje.
- kayak across the bottle-green Lake Malawi from ultra-chilled Cape Maclear to Mumbo Island
- search for reintroduced lions in Majete Wildlife Reserve
- scramble up the twisted peaks of Mt Mulanje to admire the astounding views
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lilongwe, Northern Malawi, Karonga, Livingstonia, Nyika National Park, Vwaza Marsh Wildlife Reserve, Mzuzu, Nkhata Bay, Likoma Island, Central Malawi, Monkey Bay, Cape Maclear, Southern Malawi, Liwonde, Liwonde National Park, Zomba, Blantyre & Limbe, Mt Mulanje, Majete Wildlife Reserve, Understand Malawi and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.