*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Africa - Madagascar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Madagascar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Lemurs, baobabs, rainforest, beaches, trekking and diving: Madagascar is a dream destination for lovers of nature and the outdoors. The world’s fourth-largest island is also a relatively easy destination: hassle-free, with good tourism infrastructure, sensational national parks and divine food.
- take a dip in natural swimming pools at Parc National de l’Isalo
- snorkel and dive to your heart’s content at Nosy Be
- snorkel, dive and paddle the Great Reef
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Antananarivo, Central Madagascar, Antsirabe, Fianarantsoa, Parc National de Ranomafana, Ambalavao, Southern Madagascar, Parc National de l’Isalo, The Great Reef, Northern Madagascar, Nosy Be, Diego Suarez (Antsiranana), Eastern Madagascar, Parc National Andasibe Mantadia, Andasibe, Tamatave (Toamasina), Île Sainte Marie, Understand Madagascar and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.