Africa - Liberia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Liberia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Liberia, a lush, green, friendly and vibrant land, offers everything from excellent surf spots and shops selling wares by edgy local designers to days spent lolling in a comfy hammock on the edge of the rainforest while listening to tropical birds sing.
- explore the relics of Liberia’s rich history and the American influence that still shapes the capital, Monrovia
- hit the long, bumpy road to pretty Harper, a town that’s blessed with southern American architecture and an end-of-the-line feel
- venture into Sapo National Park, the habitat of the endangered pygmy hippo, camp beneath the forest canopy and listen to the sounds of the rainforest
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Monrovia, Marshall, Robertsport, Buchanan, Zwedru, Harper, Understand Liberia and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience