Africa - Lesotho (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lesotho chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Beautiful, culturally rich, safe and affordable, mountainous Lesotho (le-soo-too) is a vastly underrated travel destination. Villagers on horseback greet you round precipitous bends and infrastructure in the three stunning national parks continues to improve. This is genuine adventure travel.
- stay in a former trading post for mountain views and authentic village life
- pony trek or hike your way through the highlands and stay in traditional Basotho huts
- raise a glass at Sani Mountain Lodge, Southern Africa’s highest pub
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Maseru, Morija, Roma, Thaba-Bosiu, Northeastern Highlands, Sani Top, Central Highlands, Semonkong, Southern Lesotho, Malealea, Quthing, Understand Lesotho and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.