Africa - Guinea-Bissau (PDF Chapter)
This is the Guinea-Bissau chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
This tiny nation contains multitudes of landscapes, peoples, cultures and plant and animal life, all of it within reach of the capital, Bissau, where faded colonial-era houses sag, from tropical decay and the weight of history.
- relax amid world-class facilities and natural splendour on Ilha de Rubane
- experience village life a short walk from your island getaway on Ilha de Bubaque
- tango in cobbled streets by candlelight, after a dinner of salty bacalau and red wine in the capital, Bissau Velho
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bissau, Arquipélago dos Bijagós, Ilha de Bolama, Ilha de Bubaque, Ilha de Orango, Ilha João Vieira, Quinhámel, Varela, Parque Natural das Lagoas de Cufada, Parque Nacional de Cantanhez, Understand Guinea-Bissau and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.