Africa - Guinea (PDF Chapter)
This is the Guinea chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Guinea is a land of surprising beauty, from the rolling mountain plateau of Fouta Djalon to wide Sahelian lands and thick forests. Almost nobody else bothers to take this turn-off – meaning you’ll likely have the country to yourself.
- stretch out on palm-fringed strands on Iles de Los and sip fresh coconut juice
- ramble through the mountains and swim in the waterfalls of the majestic Fouta Djalon plateau
- come face to face with cheeky, alcohol-drinking chimps during a forest walkin Bossou
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Conakry, Îles de Los, Fouta Djalon, Mamou, Dalaba, Mali-Yemberem, Forest Region, Kissidougou, N’zérékoré, Bossou, Parc National du Haut Niger, Understand Guinea and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience