Africa - Gabon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gabon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Gabon offers a spectacular array of wildlife in its dense rainforests and open. Add to that superb white-sand beaches, rushing rivers and ethereal landscapes, and you have an Eden-like travel experience in an unexplored part of Africa.
- follow a troop of wild gorillas in loango National Park
- come across wild elephants amid spectacular scenery in lopé National Park
- kick back in cosmopolitan Libreville and taking a day trip to nearby Pointe Denis
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Libreville & around, Pointe Denis, Pongara National Park, Coastal Gabon, Port-Gentil, Omboué & Fernan Vaz Lagoon, Loango National Park, Setté Cama, Mayumba National Park, Central Gabon, Lambaréné, Lopé National Park, Ivindo National Park, Understand Gabon and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.