Africa - Ethiopia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ethiopia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Ethiopia contains over two millenniums’ worth of ancient treasures scattered about, from hidden tombs to rock-carved churches, and the Rift Valley has left some of its most memorable landscapes in Ethiopia.
- immerse yourself in Christianity’s most raw and powerful form at Lalibela’s rock churches
- see the rock-hewn churches of Tigray, staring from Abuna Yemata Guh then climbing to the monastery at Maryam Korkor
- lace up your boots to hike through Simien Mountains National Park, home of magnificent wildlife and unparalleled panoramas
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Addis Ababa, Gonder, Simien Mountains National Park, Aksum, Rock-Hewn Churches of Tigray, Lalibela, Harar, Understand Ethiopia and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.