Africa - Egypt (PDF Chapter)
This is the Egypt chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Egypt’s ancient temples, tombs and pyramids still inspire the same reverence in travellers as they have for centuries; meanwhile modern Egypt can frustrate and confound but it enchants in equal measure.
- overload on tombs and temples in ancient Thebes
- visit the pyramids of Giza, the ancient wonder still as iconic today
- immerse yourself in Cairo, the chaotic, confounding heartbeat of the nation
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cairo, Saqqara, Memphis & Dahshur, Alexandria, Sinai, Dahab, Sharm el-Sheikh & Na’ama Bay, Suez Canal, Port Said, Red Sea Coast, Hurghada, Nile Valley, Luxor, Aswan, Philae, Abu Simbel, Understand Egypt and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience