Africa - Democratic Republic of Congo (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Democratic Republic of Congo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Carpeted by huge swathes of rainforest and punctuated by gushing rivers and smoking volcanoes, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC, formerly Zaire) is the ultimate African adventure.
- stare down in wonder at the lava lake of Nyiragongo, a magnificent active volcano
- visit the habituated mountain gorillas that thrive in the thick forests of Africa’s oldest national park, Parc National des Virunga
- meet the bonobo, a rare, peace-loving relative of the chimpanzee, at the excellent lola Ya Bonobo Sanctuary
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kinshasa, Bukavu, Goma, Parc National des Virunga, Understand DRC and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.