Africa - Cote d'Ivoire (PDF Chapter)
This is the Côte d’Ivoire chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Côte d’Ivoire is a stunner, shingled with starfish-studded sands, palm-tree forests and orange roads. This is a true tropical paradise, and a country that is fast modernising its lifestyle and culture without losing its identity.
- dine on creative Ivoirian dishes, explore contemporary African art and sway to the sweet sounds of coupé-decalé music in the shadow of the stunning skyline of Abidjan
- enjoy the relaxed beach vibe and explore the dilapidating colonial past of Côte d’Ivoire in Grand Bassam
- laze in a pirogue while watching surfers slide to shore, then tucking into fresh seafood under the stars in Assinie
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Abidjan, Grand Bassam, Assinie, Sassandra, San Pédro, The Centre, Yamoussoukro, Man, Parc National de Taï, Understand Côte d’Ivoire and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience