Africa - Chad (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chad chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Chad has always been some place where travellers wave goodbye to their comfort zone and say hello to adventure. Even when it is safe to visit, which sadly it is currently not, the art of travel here is demanding in every sense of the word.
- big herds of elephants and dazzling birds thrive in Zakouma National Park, one of Central Africa’s finest national parks
- Gaoui contains beautiful painted houses and a fascinating village just minutes from N’Djaména
- Sarh is a green and pleasant town along the banks of the Chari River
Coverage includes: Understand Chad.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience