Africa - Cameroon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cameroon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Cameroon is Africa’s throbbing heart, a crazed, sultry mosaic of active volcanoes, white-sand beaches, thick rainforest and magnificent parched landscapes broken up by the bizarre rock formations of the Sahel.
- explore stunning verdant scenery, picturesque villages and rushing rivers in the Ring Road region around Bamenda
- shop for flamboyant bronze and beaded crafts in the attractive Islamic town of Foumban
- don your hiking boots to climb the mist-shrouded slopes of Mt Cameroon, West Africa’s highest peak
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yaoundé, Douala, Buea, Limbe, Bamenda, The Ring Road, Bafoussam, Foumban, Bandjoun, Kribi, Ebolowa, Campo, Ebodjé, Bertoua, Understand Cameroon and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience