Africa - Burkina Faso (PDF Chapter)
This is the Burkina Faso chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Burkina may not have many big-ticket attractions, but the warmth of its welcome, the lively cultural scene, the enchanting beauty of the landscapes and the friendliness of the Burkinabé people are unique.
- wander amid other-worldly rock formations and Burkina’s lush landscapes in Sindou Peaks
- marvel over the meaning and originality of Kassena houses at Tiébélé
- sip beers to the sound of Bobo-Dioulasso’s fantastic musicians
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ouagadougou, Bobo-Dioulasso, Banfora, Sindou Peaks, Gaoua & Lobi Country, Réserve de Nazinga, Tiébélé & Kassena Country, Understand Burkina Faso and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.