Africa - Benin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Benin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Benin is steeped in a rich and complex history still very much in evidence today. It wows visitors with its palm-fringed beach idyll of the Atlantic coast, the rugged scenery of the north and one of the best wildlife parks in West Africa.
- spend a night in the lakeside stilt village of Ganvié
- learn traditional fishing techniques on the shores of Lake Ahémé
- Spot lions, cheetahs, elephants and more in Parc National de la Pendjari
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cotonou, Route des Pêches, Porto Novo, Ouidah, Grand Popo, Possotomé & Lake Ahémé, Abomey, The Atakora Region, Parc National de la Pendjari, Understand Benin and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.