*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Africa - Algeria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Algeria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Africa guidebook.
Africa’s largest country is home to urbane cities such as Algiers and Constantine, magnificent Roman sites and legendary desert landscapes. The Algerians themselves, who welcome visitors with warmth and curiosity, are the real highlight of this nation.
- listen out for the ghostly footsteps of Roman legionnaires in the beautiful ruined town of Djemila
- stand atop the theatre in Timgad and survey the ruined grandeur of this vast Roman city
- picnic among the flowers surrounded by the tapering columns of the Roman city of Hippo Regius
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Algiers, Constantine, Ghardaïa, Understand Algeria and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.