Generous like its 23 million people, Taiwan offers wondrous vistas, lively traditions and a culture as luxuriant as Jade Mountain on a sunny day. Lonely Planet is your passport to Taiwan, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Explore your pick of 15,000 temples, sample the hottest new restaurants and find the best spots for cycling, windsurfing and jungle hiking; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Taiwan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Taiwan Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, religion & temples, Taiwanese arts, landscape, environment, wildlife, food, drink
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 19 maps
Coverage includes: Taipei, Northern Taiwan, Eastern Taiwan & Taroko National Park, Western Taiwan, Southern Taiwan, Taiwan Strait Islands, and more
Writers: Piera Chen, Megan Eaves, Mark Elliott, Dinah Gardner, Thomas O'Malley
416 pages, 128pp color, 65 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Sep 2023
Add to your travels: